Sunday 15 February 2015

Day 4 of the Facebook Art Challenge.

Day 4 of the Facebook Art Challenge.

I am part of a large family (# 4 of 7 children). Three sisters and three brothers. All of them live in France. Sometimes I wish I could pop over for a day or two to visit my sisters Hélène, Sophie and Marie. Not really feasible. The way I "deal" with it is through my art. I paint about them. One year, few weeks before Christmas, I really really missed them. That’s when I painted “Concert de Noël”. My sisters might not look exactly the way I painted them on the picture but the feeling is there. Sophie et Marie are professional violinists and Hélène is a ceramist.
“Sisters” is another artwork I painted thinking of them. I am on the other side of the ocean.
“How love travels across the ocean…” No explanation needed...I started to write a story few years ago about a little girl who immigrated to another country and this painting was supposed to be part of a book (eventually?)
















No comments:

Post a Comment